David T. Butsch, Esq.
David T. Butsch, a St. Louis native, is a cum laude graduate of St. Mary’s University of San Antonio. Mr. Butsch graduated from St. Louis University Law School in 1988, where he served as articles editor of the St. Louis University Law Journal. A graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Butsch is an AV rated lawyer and was selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Superlawyers in the area of litigation, a distinction reserved for 5% of lawyers through a peer review process.
Mr. Butsch’s practice is primarily in the area of litigation, with an emphasis on consumer law and class action practice. Mr. Butsch has prosecuted and defended civil cases throughout the St. Louis metropolitan region as well as rural Missouri and Illinois. Mr. Butsch has successfully litigated contract, insurance, professional negligence and class action claims.
Mr. Butsch has tried numerous civil cases through jury verdict and has argued before the Missouri Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Mr. Butsch is active in the Missouri Bar and regularly lectures to bar organizations on various aspects of litigation practice, including discovery, trial and class action practice. He has served as a co-author of various publications of the Missouri Bar, including Missouri Courts and CLE Bulletin, Sources of Proof and Missouri Civil Procedure.
- St. Louis University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- St. Mary’s University of San Antonio, B.A., 1984
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- St. Louis Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- New Beginnings-CSTAR, Board of Directors
- Old Mines Area Historical Society, Advisory Board